Reading has the power to teleport us into different ages and across time zones. It allows us to learn from the mistakes and experiences of people, which in itself is a tremendous thing. Whether you are reading a book or simply a quote, what matters is the introspection you do and what you take back from it. It’s fascinating to be honest, how a good read changes our perception and inspires us to become a polished and more accomplished version of ourselves.
Following are some quotes that will urge you to make changes for your own good:
1. “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build there’s.” By Farrah Gray
This quote highlights the importance of following your heart, your ambitions, and your own interests. With your own vision, you can create a difference and get all that what you strive for. If not, someone else will employ you to work in their own business and you will be left to pick up the pieces.
2. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” By Theodore Roosevelt
It is vital that you have self-belief. It is your confidence that will determine whether you are a winner or a loser. So, regardless of the odds that may be against you, always believe in your abilities to cross the hurdles. Yes, you may get bruised, but it will be worth it.
3. “It is not our abilities that show who we truly are. It is rather our choices.” By J.k Rowling
This quote underlines the importance of making the right choices. You can have all the talent or the resources in the world but if you don’t make the correct choices, you will not be able to compete with those who do.
4. “Sometimes you find out what you are supposed to be doing by doing the things you are not supposed to do.” By Oprah Winfrey
This quote urges you to be creative. Go out into the world and just do things. Have fun and don’t impose restrictions on yourself. In the meantime, you’ll figure out what you want to do.
5. “Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars.” By Les Brown
Aim high. Have big goals. Then, even if you fail, you’ll manage to be quite successful.
6. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” By Muhammad Ali
Take action. Do something, even if it is taking small steps towards your goal each day.
7. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Just don’t settle.” By Steve Jobs
Rather than sticking to your boring job, do what interests you and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.
8. “If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough.” By Mario Andretti
Take risks. Keep on moving forward and don’t take anything for granted, otherwise, you will be overtaken. Stir things up;even if you are successful, don’t fall into the trap of comfort, because it can all come crashing down very easily.
You might be interested to read
Hashaam Asif is a Luminite, an entrepreneur with a passion for writing and an unquenchable thirst for good reads. He is working as a freelance writer, editor, content strategist, and is pretty keen on raising the writing standards on the web. You can find him here https://www.linkedin.com/in/hashaam-asif-45372213b/